We are pleased to announce the availability of the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 3 Quarterly Update 7 (UEKR3U7) for Oracle Linux 6 and Oracle Linux 7. This is the seventh quarterly update release for UEK Release 3 (Version 3.8.13-118) and includes driver updates and a consolidation of fixes for bugs and security issues.
Some notable highlights include:
- For Oracle Linux 7 installations, support has been included for network teaming, which includes active-backup, broadcast, load-balancing and round-robin modes
- Continued enhancements for Linux containers including the introduction of the new LXC flag --privileged=rt which allows the administrator the ability to run real-time processes
- Support for Intel® Broadwell processors
- Xen improvements, including updates to netfront and netback drivers
- Device driver updates (e.g. storage devices, network cards) from key partners, such as:
For more information about this release, please refer to the release notes.
The source code is available on our public git repository.