Available Now, Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux Release 3
Today, Oracle announced Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux Release 3.0, based on upstream Mitaka.
Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux is enterprise-grade management software for deploying and managing private and hybrid cloud infrastructure. Oracle OpenStack is the first commercially available set of OpenStack services completely packaged as a set of Docker containers. This streamlines installation, configuration and upgrades by eliminating the need to install components individually. Customers receive support for all Oracle components of their cloud deployment with one phone call to Oracle.
- OpenStack Mitaka release: The OpenStack Docker containers have been updated to the upstream Mitaka release (the prior release was based on Kilo).
- New Service: OpenStack Aodh: The ceilometer-alarm
container has been replaced by the new Aodh alarm service, to enable
triggering of actions based on defined rules against sample or event
data collected by ceilometer
- Distributed Virtual Routing (DVR): L3 forwarding and NAT are distributed to the compute nodes, thereby greatly reducing demand on the centralized network nodes
- Jumbo Frames in Neutron: Network performance can be improved by setting the MTU for networks and virtual machine instances in Neutron
- Ceph Storage may now be used for ephemeral instance data
- Improved Logging with visualization in the Kibana graphic interface organizes and clarifies troubleshooting and monitoring information
- Tech Preview Features
- DBaaS Oracle Database 12c - single instance
- OpenStack Ironic Service - bare metal
- LBaaS – Load Balancer as a Service
- FWaaS – Firewall as a Service
- VPNaaS – VPN as a Service
- OpenStack Magnum Service – Container as a Service
- Kolla CLI for deploying OpenStack Services
- A new timeout option to automatically stop the deployment if it takes longer than the timeout value
- Easier installation of OpenStack Kolla CLI on a separate node that is not a controller node
Supported Upgrade Path
Updates and upgrades are simplified with Oracle OpenStack’s Docker container based deployment. For more details, refer to Chapter 6 - "Updating to a New Release of Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux" of the Installation and Deployment Guide.
Product Life Cycle Support
Please refer to My Oracle Support Document
- Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux Support Policy and Release Status Summary (Doc ID 1931061.1)
Please refer to chapters 2 through 4 of the Installation and Deployment Guide for important steps to be taken prior to downloading the Docker images.
Product Training and Education
Training from Oracle University: