We're happy to announce the general availability of Oracle Linux 6 Update 7, the seventh update release for Oracle Linux 6. You can find the individual RPM packages on the Unbreakable Linux Network (ULN) and our public yum repository and ISO installation images are available for download from the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud.
Oracle Linux 6 Update 7 ships with the following kernel packages:
- Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel (UEK) Release 3 (kernel-uek-3.8.13-68.3.4.el6uek) for x86-64
- Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel (UEK) Release 2 (kernel-uek-2.6.39-400.250.7.el6uek) for i386
- Red Hat Compatible Kernel (kernel-2.6.32-573.el6) for i386 and x86-64
By default, both the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel and the Red Hat Compatible Kernel for the specific architecture (i386 or x86-64) are installed and the system boots the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel.
Notable features in this release include:
- Open Security Content Automation Protocol (OpenSCAP), including the oscap utility for enhanced security auditing and compliance
- Load Balancing and High Availability with Keepalived and HAProxy, supported under Oracle Linux Premier Support subscriptions
- Enhanced SSSD support for Active Directory, including:
- Dynamic updates to DNS
- Group and user lookups of NetBIOS names
- site discovery of domain controllers
- User and group resolution, including user authentication for trusted domains within a single AD forest
- Updates to the hyper-daemons package , which contains
hypervkvpd, and hypervvssd
For more details on these and other new features and changes in Oracle Linux 6 Update 7, please consult the release notes in the Oracle Linux Product Documentation Library.
Oracle Linux can be downloaded, used and distributed free of charge and all updates and errata are freely available. For support, you decide which of your systems require a support subscription. This makes Oracle Linux an ideal choice for your development, testing and production systems. You decide which support coverage is the best for each of your systems individually, while keeping all of your systems up-to-date and secure. For customers with Oracle Linux Premier Support, you also receive access to zero-downtime kernel updates using Oracle Ksplice and support for Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux.
For more information about Oracle Linux, please visit www.oracle.com/linux.