Wednesday Jun 27, 2012
Wednesday Jun 13, 2012
By Sergio-Oracle on Jun 13, 2012
If you run Oracle products on Oracle Linux 6 (or RHEL 6) on Intel-based hardware that supports the Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX), you may encounter illegal instruction errors (SIGILL) that prevent the correct operation of Oracle Database, Fusion Middleware and other applications (both Oracle and third party applications). It is recommended you install this glibc bug fix update: ELBA-2012-2019.
To verify whether your system supports AVX, look for avx in the output of:
# cat /proc/cpuinfoThe updated glibc RPM is available from ULN and from public-yum.oracle.com. For more information, see this Oracle Linux Errata notification: ELBA-2012-2019 Oracle Linux 6 glibc bug fix update. To subscribe to Oracle Linux errata notifications via email, go here. You can also stay on top of Oracle Linux errata via Twitter: @orcl_uln
Get the latest updates on strategy, products, events, news, customers, partners and all things Oracle Linux! Connect with Oracle's Linux experts.
- Friday Spotlight: Pre-requisites for Oracle Private Cloud Appliance Training
- Announcing the general availability of Oracle Linux 7.2
- FRIDAY SPOTLIGHT: Best Videos about Oracle Linux from OOW15
- Announcing the general availability of Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 3 Quarterly Update 7
- Learn About Using DTrace with Oracle Linux
- FRIDAY SPOTLIGHT: We are Sponsoring LISA'15 | USENIX Conference
- Wanted - Technical Writer for Oracle Linux and Virtualization team
- New Userspace Patching with Oracle Ksplice!
- FRIDAY SPOTLIGHT: Re-cap of OpenWorld 2015 for Oracle Linux, Virtualization and OpenStack for Oracle Linux
- OOW15 - Wednesday, Oct 28: What is Coming Up Today?