To provide access to the latest software, Oracle Linux images for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure are frequently updated. Oracle Linux 7.4 and 6.9, built in October 2017, are the newest images available for the standard VM and bare metal shapes offered by Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. Enhancements include an improved customer experience when using NVMe devices, updated Oracle Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel (4.1.12-103.7.3), bug fixes, and software package updates.
In addition, we provide Oracle Linux 7.4 GPU images that are preconfigured with essential components such as the CUDA toolkit and the cuDNN library for seamless set-up of AI workloads. These new instances are generally available in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure US East - Ashburn region.
- the latest, complete packages and updates for Oracle Linux
- 24x7 expert Linux support
- the My Oracle Support portal with an extensive Linux knowledge base
- Oracle Ksplice zero-downtime security updates, and
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control to manage and monitor Oracle Linux instances
- a single point of contact for cloud infrastructure, operating system, and Oracle software support.
Visit Getting Started to use Oracle Linux for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure today.