Friday Jun 11, 2010
Friday May 14, 2010
Wednesday Mar 03, 2010
Tuesday Feb 16, 2010
By Kyle Hatlestad on Feb 16, 2010
For customers that grew up using UCM (aka Content Server) on Verity, one of the default configurations for search was the metadata operator being defaulted to 'Substring'. But in moving to database searching, that default operator switched to 'Matches'. This means the entire word/phrase must be entered to be found.
To go back to the old way of having Substring be default, you can add this configuration entry:
Keep in mind that the reason this was changed is because this is an expensive query to make compared to 'Matches'. So depending on the repository size, this may have an impact on the speed of the search results. One other thing to note is it does only apply the default to the free text metadata fields and not the option list fields. They will still be 'Matches' assuming the user will be picking from the list.
UPDATE (07/09/2012): For setting the default operator for an option list, you can set the configuration flag of:
In this case setting it to 'Starts' as the default.
Monday Dec 28, 2009
By Kyle Hatlestad on Dec 28, 2009
Wednesday Nov 04, 2009
Friday Oct 02, 2009
Thursday Jul 23, 2009
By Kyle Hatlestad on Jul 23, 2009
Kyle Hatlestad is a Solution Architect in the WebCenter Architecture group (A-Team) who works with WebCenter Content and other products in the WebCenter & Fusion Middleware portfolios. The WebCenter A-Team blog can be found at: https://blogs.oracle.com/ ateam_webcenter/
- Sharing a saved query through Desktop Integration Suite and folders
- Getting started with Desktop Integration Suite
- Caught in the act!
- Conversions in WebCenter Content
- Migrating folders and content together in WebCenter Content
- Adding browser search engines in WebCenter Content
- Generating barcodes in reports
- Expanding on requestaudit - Tracing who is doing what...and for how long
- Access Control Lists for Roles
- HTML Manifest for Content Folios