Printing opensolaris.org Pages with Recent Builds

Back in August I upgraded my desktop to snv_95. I sometimes print pages from opensolaris.org to read during my commute, but with snv_95 the pages came out pretty much unreadable. They looked like they had been through several fax transmissions, with blotchy, almost indecipherable characters. At the time I chalked it up to known issues with fonts and went back to running an earlier build (thank you, Live Upgrade).

I revisited the issue last week, after noticing that the headers and footers from Firefox looked okay. It was just the main text that was messed up. I checked my preferences (Content>Fonts&Colors>Advanced)--the checkbox "Allow pages to choose their own fonts" was enabled. I disabled it and tried again, and now the printed pages are legible.

Comments:

Post a Comment:
Comments are closed for this entry.
About

Random information that I hope will be interesting to Oracle's technical community. The views expressed on this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Oracle.

Search

Archives
« April 2014
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
   
       
Today