Saturday Jun 07, 2008
Monday May 12, 2008
By Karol Harezlak on May 12, 2008
We also have few old (NetBeans Mobility 5.x) tutorials which are still valid for version 6. If you try to run examples from this tutorials please change Java ME platform from WTK 2.2 to WTK 2.5.2 and also screen shots show old version of Mobility but most important thing which is components API is unchanged.
Friday May 09, 2008
By Karol Harezlak on May 09, 2008
Custom Components Project Support screenshootSome of you probably don't want to wait until Mobility 6.5 and maybe have some cool ideas for Mobility Components right now, in this case look at the following tutorial:
Monday May 05, 2008
By Karol Harezlak on May 05, 2008
This is MpowerPlayer SDK running on Mac OS X:
and Mobility 6.1 Screen Designer in action:
Part from this feature I was also able to do small improvements all over Mobility Visual Designer. One of this improvements is direct access to the SVG Composer from Screen Designer while you working with SVG files. This feature is available in the Screen Designer pop up menu - "Edit SVG File".
You can download Netbeans Mobility from HERE .
Note: If you want to install Mobility on Mac OS X you have to download "OS independent ZIP" because NetBeans Mobility for Mac OS is still not (officially) supported.
Update: Unfortunately I just found out that I have small bug in MPowerPlayer SDK plugin. If you install MPowerPlayer make sure that SDK path dose not have spaces in the name, otherwise you may not be able to run MPowerPlayer emulator directly from NetBeans Mobility. I'll try to fix it in incoming NetBeans Patch for 6.1.
Stuff about Java ME, NetBeans Mobility, mobile devices and more...
Karol Harezlak is the Netbeans Visual Mobile Designer lead at Sun Microsystems
- NetBeans Mobility at JavaOne and Oracle World 2010
- Netbeans Mobility 6.9 for MAC OS X
- Microemulator Netbeans Mobility Support has been approved and published on Java.net
- Amazon Kindle SDK (KDK) uses CDC Personal Basis Profile
- Kindle Development Kit is Java ME CDC based?
- How NASA going to use Netbeans Platform
- Java ME SDK 3.0 Early Access for MAC OSX available
- Java ME SDK 3.0 and NB Mobility 6.7 running on Mac OS X
- Netbeans Mobility at JavaOne 2009
- Developer.com Product of the Year 2009 - Netbeans Mobility CDC