Saturday Aug 29, 2009
Over 75% of organizations haven't upgraded to latest Microsoft Office - The challenges of a mature market/product. How do you innovate and differentiate with yourself to sell more?
- My PayPal credit card beef, Part II: PayPal responds - I'd seen the earlier blog he had on this and agree with him, but found this blurb in PayPal's response interesting: "he’d pass along the suggestion to the engineering team". Now perhaps they are organized such that product management is in engineering and so I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but just passing ideas to engineers could be the problem. Nothing against engineers, I love'em and am one at heart, but you really need product management to provide guidance on things like this.
White House not equipped to hold keys to the Internet - I would have to agree.
Adobe on "HTML5" - Given my recent blogging on HTML5, I was interested to see what Adobe had to say. But it is hard to take it seriously and not simply discount it as FUD by a threatened competitor with these comments:
- "...consortium of minority browser vendors..." - Only all browsers using WebKit!
- "...it might be a decade before HTML 5 sees standardization across the number of browsers that are going to be out there." - Ummm, WebKit based browsers have significant support already. A decade? Really?
- "...iPhone helped to radically increase the number of phones with Flash support". Seriously?
- And this was a pretty classic comment to the post: "This is an excellent piece by Adobe to lay bare their open standards animosity."
Thursday Jul 30, 2009
- Thoughts on NoSQL - Good read for those that are anti-SQL or more correctly (IMHO) just open to using the right tool for the job at hand.
Windows 7 first look: More than just “Vista, fixed” - More than I ever thought I wanted to know about Windows 7. I might now have to consider being open to using it at home (I completely ignored Vista).
|« February 2017|
| || || |
| || || || |
| || || || || || || |