links for 2009-9-22: Top-10 IT moments; Wireless boosters; Apple Lied?; AWS in Europe; Java not dead
By kevinschmidt on Sep 21, 2009
- The 10 biggest moments in IT history - With all due respect to COBOL, #1 has to be the ARPANET which led to the Internet.
- Wireless service boosters: A good idea but we shouldn't have to pay extra - Consistent with my rant on the same subject. And this adds to my argument in that AT&T benefits by taking traffic off their network.
- Was Apple a "Liar Liar" to the FCC about the Google Voice app? - Google fighting back in the battle for public opinion.
- Now In Europe: Amazon SimpleDB, CloudWatch, Auto Scaling, and Elastic Load Balancing - I hadn't looked deeply before, but surprised there was a gap until now.
- Comparing langugaes - Java certainly isn't dead, and is in fact more used than C according to this report from the great folks at Ohloh.net. Python and PHP still growing but interesting Ruby seems to have dipped in the past year.