Track links for 2008-7-7
By kevinschmidt on Jul 06, 2008
The U.S. Olympic Trials came to an end yesterday so this will be the final "track links" entry for the Trials, but I'll try to keep this going periodically now as we work towards the Olympics in just over a month.
- Another American Record Vault For Stuczynski - After nearly missing the team having to go to her third jump at her opening hight, she sets a new AR and takes a few tries at the WR. It should be a great competition at the Olympics between her and the Russians.
- Mens 1500 Results - In a somewhat disappointing race due to the slow pace and pushing and shoving, the best 3 milers the U.S. presently has did make the team. Given the slow pace Webb blew it by being at the back early and having to waste energy making several moves to get into position and didn't have the kick necessary to make it. Rankin also didn't position himself well ruining his outside shot. Once again, Lagat runs the perfect race being in position and taking advantage of it.
- Webb fails to earn spot in the 1,500 - Webb does appear to be the alternate should something happen to any of the top-3.
- Womens 1500 Results - Similarly, the best 3 women made it. And Hasay runs another good time. Let's hope her tank isn't empty for Poland on Friday.
- Letsrun.com's final day recap - Good write-ups on the final events of the Trials including some post-race interviews.
- The Unofficial 2008 U.S. Olympic Team - Not final yet, but looks like this will be the team.