With the games of New Years Day now past, here is my next update.
Since the last update, in picking winners I went 7-3 for a total of 17-10 which is getting better. Against the spread I went 4-5-1 for a total of 15 11-1.
- Houston/Air Force - Had Air Force winning by 0.5 so missed on both since Houston was favored by 4
- Oregon State/Pitt - Had Oregon State by 1.1 and they won but line was 3 so a push on the spread
- Vanderbilt/BC - Had BC by 2.5 but Vandy won but had Vandy +3.5 so won the spread
- Kansas/Minnesota - Had Kansas by 7.9 and they won but had Minnesota +10.5 so lost on the spread
- LSU/Georgia Tech - Had Georgia Tech by 6.2 so missed on both
- Iowa/South Carolina - Had Iowa by 3.3 and they won and line was 3 so won the spread
- Georgia/Michigan State - Had Georgia by 2.2 and they won but had Michigan State +8
- Nebraska/Clemson - Had Nebraska by 0.6 and they won and also had them +3
- USC/Penn State - Had USC by 1.1 and they won but had Penn State +10
- Virginia Tech/Cincinnati - Had Virginia Tech by 2.9 and they won and line was Cincinnati by 2.5 so won that too
As far as the conferences go, here is the status:
With conferences games complete or possibility to still have my predictions on, the predictions are still generally dead on (Big-Televen, Big-East, Independents, Sun Belt) or 1 off (Big-12, Conference USA, MAC, Mountain West, Pac-10, SEC, WAC). Of course, the SEC still has 4 games to play and the Big-12 3 so I could be way off too!
As far as over and under achievers, the ACC underachieved by 3 games, the Pac-10 finished perfect, and the SEC is on track to over achieve.
Current predictions for today's games are Texas Tech by 9.1, East Carolina by 2.5, and Alabama by 4.8.