By kevinschmidt on Dec 10, 2009
- Sun Releases Java EE 6, GlassFish v3, and NetBeans 6.8 - A nice DDJ article. One highlight: "One development feature that I find particularly useful is Session Retention. With this, while debugging a problem in your web or enterprise application, as you make changes NetBeans and Glassfish save your session and application state so that you don't need to restore it each time you restart Glassfish."
- Sun Ships GlassFish Enterprise Server v3 - eWeek article with a nice quote on a very important point. "Developers can start with the Web Profile and grow to the entire platform as their needs grow."
- Java EE 6, GlassFish v3 and NetBeans 6.8 Released - InfoQ story that includes a nice Q&A with Roberto, one of the Java EE 6 spec leads.
- Sun releases Java EE 6 - Another summary story, this one from SDTimes.
- GlassFish v3 - The First List of Firsts - A great list of items you may not be aware of.
- First look at GlassFish v3 performance - Not completely scientific and tuned, but results show v3 is better than v2 (which itself set world record benchmarks in the past), and significantly better than JBoss and Tomcat. In fact, JBoss and Tomcat failed to complete the scale test even with fewer users than GlassFish was able to support on the same hardware.