By Kay Roepke on Jul 16, 2009
During my talk at the MySQL Users Conference, Heidi came up with the idea of holding a hackathon for Proxy.
At this point we are proposing the following:
- Meet for two days on October 15th and 16th, i.e. Thursday and Friday
- Venue will be the Sun Office, Hamburg, Germany
- Topics include (but bring your own!):
- Introduction to the code base
- Work on bug fixes
- Discuss ideas for going forward
- Prototyping ideas
- Integrate your work into the mainline (as it makes sense/is possible)
While the officially planned time is "only" two days, there's the possibility to extend the meeting into the weekend, if necessary.
Both Jan and I live close to the office, in fact for me it's about 15 minutes away :)
Also, by moving it close to the weekend, it makes for a great opportunity to extend the stay and do some sightseeing, and of course have beers with the team ;)
Flights are typically also cheaper if the stay includes a weekend.
For planning purposes we would need some contact information from those who would like to attend - which we will keep private of course and not use for anything else. Goes without saying, but still :)
Looking forward to seeing you in October!