Derby 10.4.1.3 is released
By kah on Apr 27, 2008
Apache Derby 10.4.1.3 has just been released. This is the first official release on the 10.4 branch, and it introduces many new features, improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Asynchronous replication with manual failover
- Table functions that allow you to query non-relational data using SQL
- Monitoring with Java Management Extensions (JMX)
- Performance improvements (better scalability on multi-core machines and caching of session state and compiled statements in the network client driver)
- Fix for a data corruption bug that could make the database unrecoverable
For download details and the full list of improvements, see the announcement from Dyre Tjeldvoll who was the release manager for this release.
Java DB 10.4.1, which is based on Apache Derby 10.4.1.3, has also been released and is available for download here.