Congratulations to GlassFish Quality Community reached the 100 quality contributor goal !
By judytang on May 24, 2009
The Software Quality Engineering (SQE) under the leadership and
guidance of Quality Director Satya Dodda, set out to establish an open source testing
community around the GlassFish product line. The SQE members identified
active members of the GlassFish community, canvassed business and
personal contacts and reached 55 universities including their alumni schools. Armed with a passion for quality, the team set out to and established the GlassFish Quality Community (GFQC), an open source test and quality community, which currently holds members from fifteen (15) countries around the world. Would like to thank GFQC for the following big achievement to enhance GolassFish quality !
SQE has reached the FY2009 100 GFQC contributors goal with active members who are participating in one of the following quality improvement efforts:
- FishCAT Program 32 active members, 28 from v3 prelude, 4 from Eclipse plugin v1.0
- Test Contribution Program (3 contributors)
- An opportunity to develop test cases, address community reported defects and improve the quality of the GlassFish project.
- Student: Test Class Program (29 students).
- An opportunity to learn how to test the GlassFish product as part of the university curriculum classes.
- Student: Technology Program (38 students)
- An opportunity to work on a Glassfish technology project with mentoring by the GlassFish engineers .
As a result of the hard work a total of 393 defects were reported through Issue Tracker.
- 125 bugs filed from FishCAT for v3 Prelude query
- 20 bugs filed from FishCAT for Eclipse Bundle 1.0 query
- 126 bugs filed from SJSU students as part of testing courses (2008 Summer Class) query
- 122 bugs filed from SJSU students as part of testing courses (2009 Spring Class) query
We thank each and everyone of the contributors for their participation which can be measured as follows:
- The number of defects reported through Issue Tracker
- Their involvement in a GlassFish technology project. Special recognition was given to those who contributed code.
- GlassFish product documentation reviews and comments
- GlassFish testing with other frameworks (Hibernate), technologies (Rich Faces) or databases (SAP MaxDB)
- Test cases developed based on TestNG framework and submitted to the GlassFish quality team.
A big thank you to every one involved who helped us succeed and achieve the 100 quality contributor goal !!!