Early Access version of Java RTS 2.2 Released
By Jim Connors-Oracle on Jun 10, 2009
Just in time for the start of JavaOne 2009, Sun released the latest version of its real-time Java platform, Java RTS 2.2, in early access form. New features of this release include but are not limited to:
- OS Platform support for Solaris 10 (x86 and Sparc - Update 5 & 6), Red Hat MRG 1.1 and SUSE Linux Enterprise Real-Time 10 (SP2 Update 4)
- 64-bit support for the three operating systems mentioned above. In addition, 32-bit support continues to be supported.
- Faster throughput. Java RTS 2.2 utilizes a new dynamic (JIT) compiler targeted for Java SE 7 which contains several performance improvements including a new register allocator.
- TSV (Thread Scheduling Visualizer) enhancements.
- NetBeans plug-in support for Java RTS and TSV.
- New Initialization-Time-Compilation (ITC) options including the ability to wild card a set of methods vs listing single methods and support for specifying compilation based on thread type.
- Auto-tuning and startup improvements made to the Real-time Garbage Collector (RTGC).
- New documentation including a Java RTS Quick Start Guide to get new users started quickly with minimum programming and configuration.
A 90-day evaluation is available here: http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/realtime/index.jsp. For more detailed information on OS support and new functionality, check out the