Quota with Sun Cluster
By JuergenS-Oracle on Mar 30, 2006
Do you like to use quota with Sun Cluster 3.1?
First of all take care of the following restrictions:
- You can use quota only within SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource.
- You can use it only with a failover filesystem (FFS).
- Quotas are not working on global mounted filesystems.
To configure the quota you need to add the mount option “quota” or “rq” to the FFS in the /etc/vfstab. Furthermore you need to configure the SUNW.HAStoragePlus for the FFS.
- Register the resource type
# scrgadm -a -t SUNW.HAStoragePlus
- Create a resource group
# scrgadm -a -g FFSq-rg
- Add filesystem to vfstab
# vi /etc/vfstab (on all nodes)
/dev/md/nfsset/dsk/d0 /dev/md/nfsset/rdsk/d0 /quotafs ufs 2 no logging,rq
- Create resource for HAStoragePlus
# scrgadm -a -j hastp-rs -g FFSq-rg -t SUNW.HAStoragePlus -x FileSystemMountpoint=/quotafs -x AffinityOn=TRUE
- Switch the resource group online
# scrgadm -Z -g FFSq-rg
- Configure the quotas
# touch quotas
# chmod 600 quotas
# edquota -v USER
# quotaon -av
- Test the switchover of the resource group
# scswitch -z -g FFSq-rg -h
After the switch of the filesystem /quotafs the quota will be started automatically from the SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource. To configure your setup of the quota you can refer to the quota manpage.