By Jeffrey Rubinoff on Apr 13, 2008
- Download the Java version of the Interoperability Testing Tool from the WS-I.org Deliverables page.
- Unzip the tool into the location of your choice.
- Create a WSI_HOME environment variable set to the location of the unzipped Interoperability Testing Tool.
- Open the IDE and navigate to Tools > soapUI > Preferences. Open the WS-I Settings tab and, in the Tool Location field, enter the location of the downloaded and unzipped wsi-test-tools folder. Select other options according to your preferences and click OK.
To validate SOAP messages, first monitor a SOAP request and response, as follows:
- Find the binding node in the Web Service Tests node and expand it to show the requests.
- Right-click a request and open the Request Editor, described in soapUI documentation.
- In the Request Editor, send a request and wait for the response.
- Right-click in the response window and select Check WS-I Compliance.
You can see the test configuration used to generate the test report in the Config tab. SOAP message test reports also have a Log tab, which is an XML log of the request and response SOAP exchange.