Sun Grid Module Suite for NetBeans IDE - Available Now!
By jparkinson on May 10, 2007
Big news from JavaOne on Friday - we are announcing the availability of the Sun Grid Module for the Netbeans IDE!
This is a great new plugin that lets developers do a number of cool things:
- Use the new Sun Grid Application project type to develop a java application directly in Netbeans. This is a Java application project configured for one click packaging, deployment, and execution on the Sun Grid Compute Utility.
- For all project types (Java and otherwise ), you can manage resources, jobs, and "runs" on Sun Grid - all without leaving Netbeans!
The new plugin also includes wizards to greatly simplify many of the typical uses of Sun Grid:
- "Create Sun Grid Resource" wizard:
Lets you select multiple files on your desktop, create a ZIP file and then upload as a resource to Sun Grid, all in a single step.
- "Download Sun Grid Output" wizard: Download your job output, unpack it, view it - or - open it using an application of your choosing.
With this plugin, you never have to leave the Netbeans environment to develop, deploy, and view the results of your jobs on Sun Grid. Because it simplifies the standard processes, you can focus on the more complex aspects of developing applications for grids - such as parallelizing applications to take maximum advantage of Sun Grid.
Find out more -
- Register and use Sun Grid @ http://www.network.com
- Get Netbeans @ http://www.netbeans.org
- Get the Sun Grid Plugin from the Netbeans Beta Update Center which comes preconfigured as part of the standard Netbeans IDE installation .
- Get Sun grid plugin details @ http://sungridplugin.dev.java.net.
- Join the Sun Grid community @ http://developers.sun.com/sungrid
And, in hockey news, the Western Conference Finals start on Friday with the Anaheim Ducks vs the Detroit Red Wings - Go Wings!