Issue recognition in the chat window - Freshly baked!
By Petr Dvorak on Aug 07, 2009
Today, I am faster than the last time I was writing about the chat feature as I am writing about it before you can try it yourself. The changes I have made in the Kenai chat window are not in the trunk builds yet, they are pushed just a few minutes ago... But since it is Friday and I might not survive tomorrow (it's a "paintball war" day), I am going to share the new feature with you right now...
Since every chatroom is associated with a Kenai project and most of the Kenai projects have an issue tracker, it is now possible to navigate to an issue from the chat window and to send an issue reference. See the screenshot:
Now just a few words about how it works (loosely copied from my closing text to issue 169037):
- Kenai project related to the chatroom must have an issue tracker for the links to be recognized
- Bugzilla issues are opened in the IDE
- Jira issues are opened in the web browser
- patterns "issue 123", "issue #123", "bug 123" and "bug #123" are recognized
- for Jira, the form "bug JIRA_ISSUE-123" is equivalent with "bug 123" (the "JIRA_ISSUE" string representing a Jira category does not have to be included - chatroom is associated with the Kenai project)
- for Bugzilla, if you specify an issue that is not in your project, it gets opened (problem with the fact that the
issue numbering is global for BZ). You can see that the issue is not in your project in the issue details.