Wednesday Aug 29, 2007
Wednesday Aug 22, 2007
By josephgeorge on Aug 22, 2007
Bryan Cantrill's dtrace demo at Google is now available as a google video.
Just one word to describe it - "Amazing"
Friday Aug 17, 2007
By josephgeorge on Aug 17, 2007
Aug 15th, 1947 - India stepped into the world as an independent nation. The battle our forefathers fought for us mean that we have the right to exercise our free will today. I have always been intrigued by what the current generation thinks about this struggle. It was a learning experience for me to try and understand. I learnt one thing - the basics premise behind the struggle has its appeal even today. But, it has an interesting twist. This generation is worried about freedom - to choose, but the way it manifests was the reason why I was intrigued. One of the coolest ways is the interest in FOSS (free and open source software) today.
That said, I want to talk about an event that is happening right now - Sun India 'Code for Freedom' contest. It encourages students to contribute to FOSS. It has been said that the amount of code level contributions from Indian developers to the opensource/FOSS projects has been less than satisfactory. I wish this would change. And the 'Code for Freedom' is definitely trying it best to make a difference.
So, if you are a student in India, pick your choice of a FOSS project from 'Code for Freedom' and start writing code.
I would like to sign off by saying - 'Show me your code folks!'
- Sunray & IP Phone
- InfoWorld on opensource in the storage world
- BeleniX download is a really a torrent now!
- Code for Freedom, India 2007 in Netbeans Pod Cast
- Top 10 IT Employers in India - Sun Microsystems
- India says no to OOXML!
- Singapore Airlines puts Linux and StarOffice in every seat
- BeleniX - LiveUSB - session/data persistence is here!
- Dtrace Tech Talk by Bryan Cantrill on Google Video
- Code for Freedom, India 2007