Google and Telcos fight for the money
By Jorge Sanchez Coloma on Feb 17, 2010
First, i'm going to summarize it for those English friends :
"Google : It means all win much money"
"....Eric Schmidt, has been defended Telco's accusation of working not in his business into the Mobile World Congress....". Google uses the network for its applications without payment or invest in them.
Eric : "We invest in them but our main business is not only build networks but also make applications runs and increase customer satisfaction"
Schmidt told be proud talk at Mobile World congress due they have a mobile OS (android) and a mobile device (Nexus One) too.
This conference has been after the ministry of Spain for telecommunications business, Telefonica (main Spanish mobile company) and Vodafone (second mobile company) has been talking about make pay to search engines who make a lot of business and traffic into their networks. (sentence says "share" their business).
Telefonica Director, Cesar Alierta told, the week before, "search engines uses our network without pay but it can't follow long time from now. Nets are ours, systems are ours, post-sales are ours, we do all. It's going to change i'm sure".
From my point of view, there are many things to think about :
- Google, now is bigger than a Telco, and it's, for sure, many more dangerous. Take care of them.
- At the same time, it's more aggresive, intrusive and powerful. And like in any other business it's not good for customer (internet in general). It's the same dog with different collar (monopoly). Take care of them.
- For the same reason i always said, take care of Google, it's reading your emails, sending you advertising without your permission and it's making more business than the ones you have seen in the front.
- People who love with no sense (has sense with mind as everything) in cloud computing and/or outsourcing services always said Google is the one. I say it's the one who reads my emails. Now Google is going to read my social information. What is really big. Take care of them.
- On the other hand, Telcos wants to obtain money for another business. It's a penalty. Make your nets, make value, offer your value and make money for it. If not, should die in a capitalistic market.
- Don't forget many of your nets has been paid with citizen money. Take care of your luck.
- Internet is bigger than Google or Telcos, then you should to be more modest. Google or Telcos, free of service or not. If you make value you will survive if not die. Internet non stop at all.
Enjoy and Have Fun !!!