By joellelam on Sep 04, 2007
Does anyone else think that youtube.com running in Netbeans looks really cool? And yes, the video really is playing.
Much of the code was borrowed from the WebClient sample Netbeans project, but it has been modified slightly to work in Netbeans 6.0 and open within a TopComponent. Unfortunately, this project will only work in Windows and there a little bit of work to do. This project can be modified to work on Mac, but the appropriate changes would have to be made.
- Download and unzip XULRunner
- Modify the windows environment Path to include the top level XULRunner directory.
- Download and unzip WebClient 2.0a9rc3
- Download and unzip the WebClientSuite Netbeans Suite that I created
- Open Netbeans (make sure to do this after setting the environment variable
- Open WebClientSuite and more specifically project webclient.
- Modify your project.properties run.args.extra property to point respectively to the unzipped zulrunner and webclient_2_0 files