What are the advantages of Contracting for Oracle? by Helen Ortiz-Bukowski
By user769227 on Apr 03, 2009
An interview with Paul, an Oracle Contractor, who has been working on site at an Oracle customer in Switzerland since July 2008.
- Compared to other companies I have worked at for the last 10 years, Oracle has the best atmosphere. The team is great and everybody is nice.
- Oracle is less regimented and micro-managed than other companies. They are a lot more flexible and the company does not have the rigid structure you often find in the contractor world.
- In terms of treatment by the client, I find that I am more highly respected because I'm an Oracle sub-contractor (not from a smaller less respected Integrator). Often there is a stigma attached to Contractors not being "full" employees but that does not exist in Oracle.
- This is the most satisfying project I have worked on in years. It is down to the highly skilled Project Leaders and Managers. The only company that has come close was Accenture Sweden in 2000.
- Career wise, Oracle has helped me move forward. One particular interest is that Oracle seems to win the larger, higher profile projects. Therefore, the Contractors on site get exposure to cutting edge technology and they learn more at a faster rate, thus increasing the opportunities to find better work when he leaves the Oracle team.
- Socially, I am invited to all events (this is not always the case in other companies). The team is very international and the social buzz is very good as a result.
Thanks Paul, for your insightful comments.
This interview was conducted by Helen Ortiz-Bukowski, a Senior Recruiter at Oracle who can be contacted on email@example.com
If you are interested to hear about Oracle Contract opportunities, please register on: firstname.lastname@example.org and send your CV for immediate attention.