Oracle Campus Recruitment Attend BITS Hyderabad HR Confluence Event
By User769227-Oracle on Jul 30, 2012
Oracle Campus Recruitment Attend BITS Hyderabad HR Confluence Event by Manognya Reddy
It was a pleasant morning and my thoughts were focused on meeting with the graduating batch of students from BITS Hyderabad Campus. Having reached the campus at 10:00 am, I was given a warm welcome by the Placement Officer and the Student Placement Representatives The students graduating in 2013 were all ready for the interactive session with HR representatives.
The HR representatives were from companies of diverse areas such as IT Development, Services Companies, Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Instrumentation Companies*.
Mr Maria Sundaram from GE Energy, Chief Guest addressed the students and gave insights into his own career and tips about what to look out for while applying for the first job out of college.
This was followed by an interactive panel discussion between the HR representatives from the companies and the students. A number of the panel members gave insights on focus areas before the students came up with the questions.
Some of the interesting questions that students came up with include:
- What do companies expect from Master’s students as opposed to undergraduate students?
- Would companies hire a passionate employee or a sincere employee?
- Do students applying for OFSS need any special skills or qualifications to apply?
- How important are the HR interviews and what is assessed during the same?
- Student is interested in a certain company, but other companies are visiting the college before the preferred one, what should he/she do?
- Students from Non IT background want to apply for IT jobs. What should they do to prepare?
This session went on for 2 hours and it was lunch time!
It was a great event and it is always good to interact with the students to help them on their journey into their career.
*Cognizant Technology Services, Tata Consultancy Services, Oracle, Kony Labs IT Service, Imagination Technologies, One Convergence (IT Companies); Polmon Instruments (Instrumentation and Process Automation Solution provider); Dr Reddy’s Labs (Pharma) Dupont (Chemical)