Get to Know Your Oracle Recruiter: Vanesa Rodriguez
By User769227-Oracle on May 06, 2009
Continuing in our series of getting to know the Oracle Recruitment Team, this month we had the chance to talk to Vanesa Rodriguez. Vanesa is part of our EMEA Graduate Recruitment Team and has shared with us some of her thoughts on recruitment, blogging and her love of animals.
1) How long have you been with Oracle, what is your role? It seems to me that I just started a couple of months ago but indeed I've been working more that a year now. I work in the EMEA graduate recruitment team, which involves attracting and selecting top talented students and graduates to Oracle
2) You are a regular blogger on our Recruitment Blog, is there any tips you would give to people who may want to blog but have not tried? Blogging is a very powerful networking tool. As you write about your interests, likes/dislikes, opinions, even for solving questions/problems, you become a member of a community with common interests. You learn about your colleagues points of view, about what they are doing,... I got very surprised when I first made a question and got like 10 replies in "literally" 2 minutes! Wow that was fast!
3) What do you love about working at Oracle? Working at Oracle is very demanding but rewarding at the same time. You need to work hard but on the other hand it is so fast changing and entrepeneur that you learn a lot on a wide range of topics not just related to your role itself but on all the new trends in the economy and in the industry
4) Oustide of work what are your interests,? I love spending time with my two dogs, a mastiff and a crossbreed. I am now spending the weekends training them, this way I also take the opportunity to collaborate with a NGO who takes care of abandoned animals till they find a new family, indeed Maya and Niebla were both "adopted" here. ANAA does an extraordinary work with very limited resources, it is really exciting to see all they had in their camp.
5) If you could give one piece of advice, what advice do you think would best help Graduates looking for job opportunities?(a) I would suggest them to be proactive. I know that in the current climate they do not have as many opportunities as they had just twelve months ago but there are still some and they should be proactive to reach companies, and it they are interested in starting their career on the IT industry, not to forget to include Oracle in their list! (b) Using web 2.0 tools is making this reasearch process much easier, you can be in contact with as many companies as you want with just a click. Dont give up!
To find out more about Graduate Recruitment opportunities in EMEA with Oracle please feel free to contact Vanesa at firstname.lastname@example.org