PackageManager getting Flash
By jmr on Mar 31, 2009
How can I get Flash for OpenSolaris?
Well if you are running one of the latest development builds for OpenSolaris which will be released as OpenSolaris 2009.06 and you'd like to get Flash on your system I thought I'd give you a little Package Manager Web Install help
Web Install and Flash
Just follow the steps below to add the extra repository and install the Flash plugin. As extra is a secure repository which requires registration, the repository can't be added automatically using Web Install, unlike other non secure repositories.
- Click on extra_flash.p5i, and accept the default action to "Open with" Package Manager.
- Package Manager in WebInstall mode is launched, click on Proceed
- This brings up the Add New Repository dialog for a the secure extra repository.
- Click on the Instructions link in the dialog
- This will bring you to the registration site, where you need to register and get your SSL key and certificates to access the repository.
- Currently the site gives you instructions to download the keys and then use the command line to add the authority. With Web Install, just download the key and certificate to your system and follow the steps below.
- In Add New Repository dialog, click on the SSL Key Browse button
- Select the key you have just downloaded on your file system (the location of the certificate is assumed to be in the same place and is added for you).
- As Package Manager runs as root, you will need to browse to your home directory or wherever you downloaded the key and certificate.
- Click OK, the extra repository will be added and then the Flash package installed.
- Restart Firefox and check the installed version by clicking on Adobe's version checker.
- Have fun with Flash