U.S. Navy saves money with Sun Ray thin clients
By user12611852 on Nov 27, 2007
If you've never heard of our Sun Ray thin client technology, you are missing the opportunity to save some real money while increasing your data security. You can read more about Sun Ray thin clients in my previous blog entry. You don't have to believe me, however, see for yourself how the Navy's Integrated Warfare Systems Laboratory deployed 270 Sun Rays.
Some of the benefits they experienced include:
- Improved performance over previous X terminal solution
- Exceeded capabilities of existing, aging solution
- Provided a solution that complied with security requirements
- Reduced client deployment time by 80%
- Simplified maintenance, updating only four servers instead of hundreds of desktops
- Reduced cost per client by 50% to approximately $500 with a savings of about $500 per client
Why should you care?
Saves you money. Enough said!