Solaris tips from an OS Ambassador
By user12611852 on Feb 23, 2007
As a long time member of the OS Ambassadors group within Sun I have the distinct (laborious) pleasure (chore) of maintaining an internal web site with useful (not found anywhere else) tips that make us all look so smart (brilliant).
If you've never met an OS ambassador, we are an elite (small) team of experienced (old) Sun employees with the interests and talents to dive deeply (sometimes painfully) into Solaris technologies. There are about 60 of us world wide and we are customer facing (sales) engineers who like to work with customers.
I recently updated the page inside of Sun's network and found that there are a number of public facing resources that the rest of the Solaris loving world might find interesting.
With no further ado (delay) and in no particular order:
- Best Practices for Application Support in Non-Global Zones
- Linux to Solaris Administrators guide (non-Sun source)
- Freeware Zone Manager tools
- How To Guide: Move a Solaris Container
- Solaris 10 Common Criteria security certification
- Open Solaris contributions by external community members
- Solaris RBAC vs. sudo comparison
- Nvidia Display driver for Solaris X64
- Sun X64 Device
Detection Tool for Solaris