By jimgris-Oracle on Mar 09, 2010
The Japanese OpenSolaris community
continues to grow. It's now the 3rd largest community in the
OpenSolaris world following the Spanish and Indian communities, it's
the 3rd most active, and Tokyo is the #1 city outside the United States
for sending traffic to opensolaris.org. The community in Japan also
continues to diversify as well with general users mixing with kernel developers
and globalization engineers. In fact, this diversity is driving the
need to run concurrent sessions for beginners and advanced developers and users
at community events.
There are multiple parts to the community in Japan:
- For JPOSUG discussions, subscribe to JPOSUG Jive web discussion forum (which is tied to the Mailman list).
. Post to the
- Register on opensolaris.org in Japanese (just click the language switcher in the upper right corner of the page to choose Japanese from the list of 25 languages).
- For TSUG discussions, subscribe to presentations here.
. You can also find a TSUG page on . A tiny selection of
- For Japanese I18N discussions, subscribe to Jive web discussion forum. and/or post to the list via the
- For live IRC conversations, go to