Tuesday Feb 18, 2014
Friday Sep 28, 2012
By jim on Sep 28, 2012
How to upgrade quickly your Solaris 11 to the latest SRUs ? (Support Repository Update)
Requirement: Make sure you have access to the support repository https://pkg.oracle.com/solaris/support.
You may need a valid support contract. You might have to do reboot the system from 1 to 3 times.
Note: I wrote this doc because I needed to get the latest Samba package 3.6.6 installed. (Repository of the DEV tree)
Principal Systems Technologist Engineer for Oracle Global IT. Sun Microsystems software and hardware specialist. I am based in Spain but currently manage projects and systems around the world. I am very often involved to mentor the new engineers joining the forces of Oracle. I come from the Linux sysadmin world... and will be definitively thankfulness for all the great things I've been learning the past 15 years...
- MacPorts behind a proxy/firewall and some tips to upgrade the ports
- Samba LDAP + SSL support on Oracle Solaris 10
- How to upgrade your Solaris 11 with the latest available SRUs ?
- How to create a usb pendrive bootable Solaris installation media ?
- how to get your Mozilla Firefox (web) and Thunderbird (email) into the language of your choice ?
- New position... Systems Technologist.
- VISTA Business Edition does install fine on a Sun Java W1100z Workstation.
- VMWARE : How to install Solaris 10 u2 6/06
- Solaris Zones
- Redhat Distros and specific RHEL 3.0/4.0 packages