JHeadstart 10.1.3.2 now available, also in evaluation version!
By Sandra Muller on Oct 16, 2007
Oracle JHeadstart 10.1.3.2 is now available for download. For compatibility with JDeveloper 10.1.3.x versions, check the JHeadstart - JDeveloper Support Matrix.
that hold a supplement option license can download
jhs10.1.3.2.52-install.zip from the Consulting Supplement Option
The evaluation version of JHeadstart 10.1.3.2 is available to everyone: jhs10.1.3.2.50-install.zip can be installed through the JDeveloper Check for Updates
facility, by choosing the Open Source and Partners Extensions Update
Center. The evaluation version contains the same functionality as
the production version, with one limitation: the workspace cannot
contain more than 10 View Objects.
Click here for a list of new features in the 10.1.3.2 release. This earlier blog post has now been updated to describe some additional new features compared to the original plans.
There is one thing that is not described in the new features list, but will bring the usability of JHeadstart to an even higher level: the completely revised JHeadstart Developer's Guide 10.1.3.2 which now includes:
- An end-to-end roadmap for developing ADF applications using JHeadstart.
- Description of the new features.
- Answers to many frequently asked questions that have been posted on the JHeadstart Forum.
- More customization examples.
- An extensive Security chapter that covers all aspects of ADF application security.
- A Team-Based Development chapter, including suggested project standards and guidelines.
- Large chapters have been split up into smaller ones, to allow for easier scanning for the right topic.
- Numbered sections, so if you ask a question on the forum that is answered in the developer's guide, you will just get a reply with a section number :-)
- ... and much more changes that will hopefully make things clearer for you.