How to Install JHeadstart 10.1.3
By Sandra Muller on Jul 30, 2006
Ashraf asked how JHeadstart 10.1.3 can be installed. If you have access to JHeadstart 10.1.3 on the Consulting Supplement Option, you have probably read the instructions there:
To install this release,
download the zip file, start JDeveloper, go to Help > Check for
Updates and choose the option "Install From Local File". Use the
downloaded jhs1013-install.zip file as the local file.
That's all! It seems like it's getting easier with each JHeadstart release.
On the Supplement Option, besides the jhs1013-install.zip we also published a center.xml file. Using this file you can create
your own Oracle JHeadstart Update Center. This is useful if you want to
make new JHeadstart versions available to multiple developers within
- Put this center.xml and jhs1013-install.zip together in a folder on your file share.
- Verify that the center.xml contains the
correct build number for the corresponding install.zip.
Each developer can now perform the following steps:
- Open JDeveloper 10.1.3
- Go to Help > Check for Updates
- Click the Add button to enter a new Update center
- In the dialog box that appears type in:
Name: JHeadstart 10.1.3 Update Center
Location: Specify the center.xml file on the file share
- Click Next
- Select JHeadstart 10.1.3.0.x, click Next and Finish
- JDeveloper restarts and JHeadstart will be installed
After having specified the JHeadstart Update Center, each developer
can easily check if a new JHeadstart build was put on the file share,
by going to Help > Check For Updates > JHeadstart 10.1.3 Update
Center > Next.