Deploying JHeadstart applications to OC4J 10.1.3.2 or higher
By Sandra Muller on Dec 02, 2007
While deploying your JHeadstart application to OC4J 10.1.3.2 or higher, are you experiencing error messages like the following?
- Operation failed with error: org/apache/log4j/Category
- No appenders could be found for logger (com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener)
- oracle.oc4j.admin.internal.DeployerException: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
- org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No suitable Log constructor [Ljava.lang.Class;@900079 for org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger (Caused by java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category)
The workaround is to exclude apache.commons.logging from the shared library for your application: update orion-application.xml with the lines
<imported-shared-libraries>Then create a JDeveloper deployment profile as follows:
- Run the ADF Runtime Installer
- In the ViewController project,
create a new WAR Deployment Profile (File | New | General | Deployment
Profiles | WAR File).
- In the deployment profile properties, go
to WAR Options, and select Compress Archive.
- If you
go to all Filters categories, then to Patterns, and exclude **/.svn/