Convergence howto add a new locale: first try
By pierrot on Jul 18, 2008
Still to be worked out...
To Add a New Language in Convergence
1. Enable customization in the Convergence Server:
/opt/SUNWiwc/sbin/iwcadmin -u <uid> -w <password> -p 50005 -o client.enablecustomization -v true
2. Edit the configuration file, config.js:
In the config.js configuration file, set the i18nEnabled flag to true. /c11n/config.js
Comment: This dorectory "c11n" didn't exist. I had to create it in: /opt/SUNWappserver/domains/domain1/docroot/iwc_static/
In this directory "iwc_static", here was available a whole sample modification structure under directory iwc_sample. I took the config.js file there and copied it into:
The i18nEnabled flag had already been set to true
3. Create an nls/new language subdirectory for the l10n module:
where domain is the name of the domain in which the new language will be available and new language is the subdirectory in which the new language's resource file is located.
Comment: As domain I have chosen: allDomain and added two locale directories "ru" and "th"
4. Create a default resource file named resources.js:
Note that each language added to each domain would have its own l10n resources file ( resources.js). Depending on the end-user's language locale, Convergence loads that locale's resources file.
Comment: I was not sure howto create or where to get the files resources.js, so I have copied them from:
modified the text in compose_tab to eg.: rururu and ththth and put each to the propriate language directory.
To Add a Label for the New Language to the Global Options Language Menu
1. - 2. Already proceeded.
3. Create the following subdirectory under the customization (c11n) directory:
4. Create a customize.js file, as follows:
Comment: I was not sure about the correct file structure - what is nescessary etc - so I took it from the sample directory again:
5. Create a subdirectory to contain the custom widgets:
6. Copy the sample version of the OptionsViewerGlobalGeneral.js file from the sample customization directory to your live customization directory:
Copy from: iwc_static/c11n_sample/allDomain/js/widget/OptionsViewerGlobalGeneral.js
7. Edit the OptionsViewerGlobalGeneral.js file, adding your language.
To Add a Label for the New Language to the Convergence Login Page
1. Navigate to iwc_static/layout/main.html
2. Add your language to the list of languages on the html page. Use UTF-8 for double-byte characters.
Comment: I could add the list in another file, not "main.html" but "login.html" in the directory: /opt/SUNWappserver/domains/domain1/docroot/iwc_static/layout/
Powered by ScribeFire.