We are very happy to announce the release of Oracle JDeveloper and Oracle ADF 12c
This is a major new version for our tool and framework and contains a lot of new and enhanced features.
And while some of the features that were developed for 12c were backported into recent 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 releases - you'll still find a lot of new things in the 12c release.
Here are some highlights:
- Support for JDK7 and Java EE 6 along with WebLogic 12c (and support for GlassFish too).
- New Look and Feel and various usability enhancements.
- Based on the OSGi infrastructure introduced in the 188.8.131.52 release this version adds even further integration with NetBeans code including new windowing system, profilers and the Matisse Swing editor.
- New Dependency viewer shows you how various files are related visually.
- New HTML 5 and CSS code editors.
- Support for Git version management
- Enhanced support for Maven - including integration of Maven with ADF apps.
New in Oracle ADF 12c:
- New ADF Faces components
- Layout - SpringBoard, PanelDrawer and PanelGridLayout
- Collections - List, and pagination table
- DVT - Sunburst, Treemap, timeline
- Other - Code editor, multi-file upload, unified link and button components
- New default skin (skyros) - simpler and faster, along with an improved skin editor
- Improved REST support - including new REST data control wizard
- Improved EJB/JPA based data control
- ADF BC now support defining components against an offline database and a new feature called viewObject Finders
And there are many other new features all across the map.
Check out our New Features Doc.
Download the new version and try it out - we are sure you'll like it.
Also - join us for the official 12c Launch event on July 31st.