We are very happy to announce the release of Oracle ADF Mobile.
The new Oracle ADF Mobile enables developers to build applications that run on iOS and Android devices.
Several unique aspects to Oracle ADF Mobile solution:
- Develop once run on many - same code base used for both iOS and Android applicaitons
- Uses Java - no need to learn device specific languages
- Leverage ADF - same concepts you are familiar with (component based UI construction, taskflow, data controls)
- Leverage JDeveloper - same development environment you know, same declarative and visual style.
- Create native looking applications - HTML 5 based UI components (that you can also skin)
- Use device services - Leverage the camera, SMS, location, contact etc without learning device specific APIs
- Create Hybrid applications - run on the device and able to consume remote data and UI if needed
Here is the 3 minute introduction
Oracle ADF Mobile is available as an extension to Oracle JDeveloper 188.8.131.52 - use the help->check for updates to install it.
Then head over to the Oracle ADF Mobile page for all the resources you need.
If you are an Oracle ADF developer, it's time to update your resume - you are now a mobile device developer too :-)