Oracle JDeveloper and Oracle ADF 12c Are Out!!!
By Shay Shmeltzer on Jul 11, 2013
We are very happy to announce the release of Oracle JDeveloper and Oracle ADF 12c
This is a major new version for our tool and framework and contains a lot of new and enhanced features.
And while some of the features that were developed for 12c were backported into recent 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 releases - you'll still find a lot of new things in the 12c release.
Here are some highlights:
- Support for JDK7 and Java EE 6 along with WebLogic 12c (and support for GlassFish too).
- New Look and Feel and various usability enhancements.
- Based on the OSGi infrastructure introduced in the 184.108.40.206 release this version adds even further integration with NetBeans code including new windowing system, profilers and the Matisse Swing editor.
- New Dependency viewer shows you how various files are related visually.
- New HTML 5 and CSS code editors.
- Support for Git version management
- Enhanced support for Maven - including integration of Maven with ADF apps.
New in Oracle ADF 12c:
- New ADF Faces components
- Layout - SpringBoard, PanelDrawer and PanelGridLayout
- Collections - List, and pagination table
- DVT - Sunburst, Treemap, timeline
- Other - Code editor, multi-file upload, unified link and button components
- New default skin (skyros) - simpler and faster, along with an improved skin editor
- Improved REST support - including new REST data control wizard
- Improved EJB/JPA based data control
- ADF BC now support defining components against an offline database and a new feature called viewObject Finders
And there are many other new features all across the map.
Check out our New Features Doc.
Download the new version and try it out - we are sure you'll like it.
Also - join us for the official 12c Launch event on July 31st.