By WardQuarles-Oracle on Oct 06, 2015
Transformational business innovation for companies to thrive in the digital economy
Extending its commitment to Oracle’s JD Edwards, Oracle announces JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Release 9.2. This latest release provides transformational business solutions to allow companies to innovate in the digital economy, new industry solutions to achieve competitive advantage, and enhanced choices of platform and deployment options to run your business your way.
"For Oracle’s JD Edwards customers and the markets we serve, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Release 9.2 is a transformational shift to new approaches to solving business problems while offering deeper industry capability and deployment choice," said Lyle Ekdahl, senior vice president general manager, Oracle’s JD Edwards. "With this new release, Oracle has invested in innovation that addresses the demands of the digital economy. These kinds of dramatic improvements give rise to transformative change and can enable organizations to implement new business technologies and innovate with new products and services that were unthinkable before this release. Our existing and prospective customers will immediately notice the value of our JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 enhancements and will move to capitalize on them to establish a competitive advantage."
Transformation for the Digital Economy
New JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 capabilities enable workers to:
- Facilitate SMART (strategic, mobile, architected for real-time) change.
- Accelerate business execution on their mobile device.
- Benefit from meaningful and timely data and machine-to-machine transaction processing from devices that are IoT enabled with the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Internet of Things (IoT) Orchestrator.
- Adopt enhanced real-time end user personalization to provide a greater interactive user experience and easier, faster views into complex information.
- Achieve significant agility, time and cost savings with new simplified administration and upgrade processes.
Industry Focus that Creates Competitive Advantage
New product functionality for the projects, consumer goods, and manufacturing and distribution industries.
Advanced Job Forecasting provides key capabilities for project-focused industries, such as engineering and construction to prevent project cost overruns due to lack of detail forecast visibility and to provide more accurate cash flow management throughout the project lifecycle.
- Project managers gain significant new capabilities to capture and audit a project’s expected labor and material expenses.
- Forecasts can now include anticipated material quantities and cost changes, as well as specific skills and pay levels required for remaining job phases.
- Project managers can use several new forecast calculation methods and can define their own calculations.
- Users can save and compare multiple forecasts, to compare what/if scenarios and store audits of forecasted versus actual factors.
Outbound Inventory Management optimizes inventory performance and significantly reduces business complexity for suppliers in the consumer goods and manufacturing and distribution industries.
- Manages the complete vendor-managed inventory and consignment lifecycle – from defining agreements through ordering, shipping, invoicing, and replenishment.
- Facilitates stronger customer collaboration, reduces customer stock-outs, and improves forecast accuracy, all of which results in increased customer loyalty and improved supplier profitability.
Choice – Your Business. Your Way.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne maintains its position as the leading ERP open-systems platform and now offers customers:
- Multiple technology options to run the product, including a complete vertically integrated Oracle technology stack.
- Enhanced JD Edwards EnterpriseOne integration platform that improves co-existence with other applications, including Oracle Cloud applications.
- A choice of deployment options, including on-premise or hybrid deployment, Oracle or partner managed private cloud, and partner-managed public cloud.
- Tools to enable citizen developers to create new business solutions that easily extend the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne platform, offering companies personalized approaches to transform and grow their businesses.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Release 9.2 platform and products provide more options for personalization, extension, and co-existence with other applications to support agile business solutions that respond to customers’ unique business needs. This release enables business transformation for the digital economy, improves capabilities for several key industries, and provides customers with the choices they want to run their business their way.
For additional details on JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Applications Release 9.2 and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Release 9.2, click here.