By Kem Butller-Oracle on Jun 12, 2014
Oracle Announces the Availability of Oracle VM Templates for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1 Update 2 and Tools 9.1 Update 4.4
Continuing the commitment to rapid and predictable deployments of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Oracle announces the general availability of Oracle VM templates for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Application release 9.1 Update 2 and Tools release 9.1 Update 4.4.
These templates can be used with Oracle VM for x86, on the Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, and on the Oracle Database Machine. Oracle VM Templates for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne accelerate the process of setting up a working environment compared to the traditional installation process. The templates can be a key component to a well-managed cloud infrastructure, allowing system administrators to quickly provision fully functional JD Edwards EnterpriseOne environments for evaluation, development, or production use.
The templates contain preconfigured images of the major JD Edwards EnterpriseOne server components, including:
• Enterprise server
• HTML server
• Database server
• BI Publisher (for use with One View Reporting)
• Business Services Server and ADF Runtime (for use with Mobile Smartphone Applications)
• Application Interface Services (new with this release, for use with Mobile Enterprise Applications)
• Server Manager (new with this release)
The virtual server images are built on a complete Oracle technology stack, including Oracle VM for x86, Oracle Linux, Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Database, and Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher. The templates can be installed into an Oracle VM for x86 system running on standard x86 servers, the Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, and the Oracle Database Appliance as a composite “all-in-one” system. The database can be deployed as a fully preconfigured VM template, or it can be deployed to a preexisting database server, for example, the Oracle Exadata Database Machine or the Oracle Database Appliance.
This latest set of templates includes the following applications and technology components:
• JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Applications Release 9.1 Update 2 with ESUs as of April 8, 2014
• JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.1 Update 4, maintenance pack 4 (184.108.40.206)
• Oracle Database 12c (220.127.116.11) • Oracle WebLogic Server 12c (12.1.2)
• Oracle Linux 5 Update 8, 64-bit
• Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher 18.104.22.168.1, for use with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne One View Reporting
• JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Business Services Server and Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) 22.214.171.124, for use with the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Applications.
The delivery also includes a JD Edwards EnterpriseOne deployment server preconfigured to match the content of the templates. This edition of the templates also includes enhanced configuration utilities that greatly simplify the process of configuring the templates for deployment into a running system.
The templates are immediately available for download from the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud.
For more information see:
• My Oracle Support article 884592.1