My Frustration with Oracle OpenWorld...
By Kem Butller-Oracle on Aug 24, 2011
By Lorrie Noll, JD Edwards - Product Strategy
It’s hard to believe that Oracle OpenWorld (OOW) is right around the corner. The conference will be held October 2nd – 6th in San Francisco. I am amazed and sometimes a bit frustrated at the number of comments that I hear that lead me to believe that many customers and partners do not understand what’s available to them at OOW. It seems that many customers think that the spring Collaborate conference is “the” Oracle conference for JD Edwards customers and that there is nothing really offered for them at OOW.
In my role within the Oracle JD Edwards Business Unit, Sheila Ebbitt and myself are responsible for planning and organizing our JD Edwards participation and programs at OOW, and I can assure you that customers attending OOW will not be disappointed. This is Oracle’s annual premier conference intended to inform, educate and connect our community! Although Oracle OpenWorld is a large event, we do our best to provide a “conference within a conference” for our JD Edwards attendees. We realize that it can be a bit overwhelming, so I wanted to highlight what JD Edwards is offering at the conference:
• An educational session program at the Westin St. Francis specifically for JD Edwards. We will have over 50 sessions at the Westin St. Francis and 20 closely related sessions at other conference venues. We have scheduled several panel sessions with customers who have successfully upgraded and opportunity to share best practices.
• JD Edwards General Session covering the high level strategy and direction for JD Edwards – as well as announcements and other news.
• Roadmap sessions from Strategy leads for World and EnterpriseOne.
• A dedicated partner pavilion for JD Edwards at the Westin St. Francis.
• A JD Edwards dedicated area in the Oracle Demo Grounds.
• A “Meet the Experts” session with Development, Quality and Strategy leads.
• Hands on Labs for new product technology.
• Customized programs for upgrading customers with the Denver Upgrade team.
• Networking receptions with partners and a JD Edwards Quest reception.
In addition, there is plenty of opportunity to hear and learn from other members of the Oracle Applications and Technology groups and of course keynotes by Larry Ellison and other Oracle executives. After all, most JD Edwards customers in this day and age use multiple Oracle products, technologies and services and all are represented at OOW, giving you the opportunity to tap into a vast array of knowledge and resources.
So please do not sell short the value of OOW based on misconceptions that there’s nothing for the JD Edwards customer at there! Click here to register for OpenWorld or visit the home page for more information. If you should have any questions regarding the JD Edwards program, and specifically the customized Upgrade Care program being offered at OpenWorld for JD Edwards customers not yet on current releases, please feel free to contact Sheila Ebbitt at Sheila.ebbitt-AT-oracle.com or myself, Lorrie Noll at lorrie.noll-AT-oracle.com. We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco and making this your best conference yet!