Ensure Lower JD Edwards TCO Using Change Assistant!
By Kem Butller-Oracle on Nov 22, 2013
Change Assistant allows a single point of entry to facilitate administration of software updates & fixes. This application utilizes a navigational tree to help manage your deployment processes and enhance your search capability over Update Center and My Oracle Support information.
- Defect Category for searching specific defects such as memory and performance concerns
- Package Details and SAR Details buttons have been added to tabs to allow better content integration
- Work with Batches buttons have been added to allow editing for better deployment of packages
- Integrated News & Links for current information regarding downloads and installation guides
- Advanced Search including: Date Ranges, System Code Searches and Multiple Object Selection
- Subscriptions utilizing Saved Personal Queries and JD Edwards Pre-Defined Queries
- Net Change comparing current packages to superceded
- Integrated Downloading per result page
- Deployment Features including direct download and deployment of multiple ESUs to selected environments
- Help - New Enhancements shows all the new enhancements introduced in the version
- Analyze and Summarize options help determine the deployment impact and consolidates Special Instructions
- Impact Analysis option automates the Impact Analysis application
- Visual UDC and Glossary Compare option automates the process to update the Automated Special Instructions
- Support for deploying Oracle Business Accelerators for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Enhanced JDBC driver support
- JDK 1.6 Support
- Enhanced Support for Locale Preferences
- Enhanced Business Accelerator Support
- Batch Deployment Enhancements
Installing Change Assistant:
1) Click here to install the Java SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 24 for 32-bit Windows (i.e., JRE 1.6.0_24). Be sure to install the 32 bit version (i.e. from the list choose Windows Offline Installation, jre-6u24-windows-i586.exe). EnterpriseOne and Change Assistant are 32 bit applications which require the 32 bit version of the JRE.
If you are already using Change Assistant, we would love to hear your comments about how it's working for you!