Cream of the Crop
By Kem Butller-Oracle on Jun 25, 2013
JD Edwards has been working hard to ensure that you shouldn't have to work so hard! Yet there are still JD Edwards customers that may not be up to speed on all the new and or improved tools and utilities we have delivered, all designed to make your life easier.
So today, I want to share what I consider to be the cream of the crop….those items that every customer should know about and leverage to make ERP life just a little bit (or A LOT) easier!
These are my top picks, the cream of a very good crop! Explore and enjoy, and gain some of your time back to do with as you please.
- www.runjde.com It’s where to go when you need to know! The Resource Kits available on www.runjde.com provide comprehensive Resource Kits (guides) by user type. The guides provide brief descriptions of the wide array of resources that are available to JD Edwards’s eco system and links to each of those resources.
This link will take you to an index that is designed to provide you with simple and quick navigation to the available EnterpriseOne Information Centers. This index provides links to:
- EnterpriseOne Application specific Information Centers
- EnterpriseOne Tools and Technology Information Centers
- EnterpriseOne Performance Information Center
- EnterpriseOne 9.1 and 9.0 Information Centers
Information Centers give Oracle the ability to aggregate content for a given focus area and present this content in categories for easy browsing by our customers.
Information Centers offer a variety of focused dynamic content organized around one or more of the following tasks.
- Patching and Maintenance
- Install and Configure
- Optimize Performance
- JD Edwards Newsletters
Be in the know by reading the Global Customer Support Product Newsletters. They are PACKED with news and information covering a wide range of topics and news. It is a must read if you want to know what’s happening in the JD Edwards universe!
Read the latest EntepriseOne newsletter
Read the latest World newsletter
- Oracle Learning Library – (OLL)
Oracle Learn Library is the place to go for easy access to JD Edwards Application and Tools training.
For a comprehensive view of the training available for a specific product/functional area, explore the Knowledge Paths
For Net Change (new feature) training, explore the TOI sessions (TOI stands for Transfer Of Information).
Tip: Be sure to experiment with the search filters!
- www.upgradejde.com The site designed to help customers and partners with the process of upgrading JD Edwards. The site is a wealth of information, tools and resources designed to assist in the evaluation, planning and execution steps required when upgrading.
Of note is the wildly successful upgrade strategy known as “The Art of the Possible” wherein JD Edwards and many of our partners hold free workshops to teach customers how to conduct upgrades in 100 days or less.
Equally important is the fact that on www.upgradejde.com, customers can gain visibility into planned enhancements using the Product and Technology Feature Catalogs. The catalogs are great for creating customer specific reports about the net change between older releases and current or planned releases.
Examples of other key resources on www.upgradejde.com are the product data base changes between releases, extensibility guides, (formerly known as programmer’s guides), whitepapers, ROI calculators and much more!