The Java Community Process (JCP) program Executive Committee Election ballot for 2014 is now open. The elections give JCP Members the opportunity to determine the EC members while continuing to help shape the future of Java technology. As a reminder, the responsibilities of the JCP Executive Committee are as follows:
- Select JSRs for development within the JCP (vote on all JSR Approval Ballots).
- Approve draft specifications for Public Review (vote on all Public Review Ballots).
- Give final approval to completed Specifications and their associated RIs and TCKs (vote on all Final Approval Ballots).
- Review and approve maintenance releases (vote on all Maintenance Review Ballots).
- Decide appeals of first-level TCK test challenges.
- Approve transfer of maintenance duties between Members.
- Provide guidance to the PMO and serve as Expert Group Members of JCP related process change JSRs (for example, JSRs 348, 355, 358, 364).
Ratified election seat candidates (8 candidates) on the ballot:
- Freescale, represented by Maulin Patel
- Gemalto M2M, represented by Thomas Lampart
- Goldman Sachs, represented by John Weir
-SAP, represented by Steve Winkler
- MicroDoc, represented by Hans Kamutzki
- Software AG, represented by Prasad Yendluri
- TOTVS, represented by David Britto
- V2COM, represented by Leonardo de Moura Rocha Lima
Open election seat candidates (11 candidates for 5 open seats):
- ARM, represented by Zach Shelby
- Azul Systems, represented by Gil Tene
- Hazelcast, represented by Greg Luck
- Jelastic, represented by Ruslan Synytsky
- Werner Keil
- Geir Magnusson Jr
- Karan Malhi
- MoroccoJUG, represented by Mohamed Taman
- Vladimir Safonov
- TimeSys Corporation, represented by Atul Bansal
- Waratak, represented by by Nigel Daniels
The candidates' profiles and positioning statements are available, as well as the recording of the "Meet the Executive Committee Candidates" call recording to assist and inform voting selections.
Don't miss your chance to shape the future of Java--vote today! The ballot opened today 28 October, and closes on 10 November. The results will be available 11 November on JCP.org.