By Heather VanCura on Dec 18, 2014
Star Spec Lead nominations are now open until 2 January 2015. Anyone can submit a nomination for a current Spec Lead operating under the most recent versions of the JCP program (version JCP 2.8 or 2.9). Nominations can be for either process or communication criteria--some of the possible criteria for selection is listed below. There are Spec Lead profiles available for most of the active JSRs on JCP.org to use for inspiration. I look forward to your nominations! Submit nominations via the form on java.net.
Spec Lead Process Category (Exceptional):
- Participate in mentorships of other community members. Submit materials to publish on jcp.org.
- Manage unusual obstacles in a JSR, i.e. Spec Lead transfers JSR transfers to different entity, loss of valuable EG members.
- Implement new, effective and/or innovative ways manage Expert Groups--active and large observer groups, having voting rights and duties documented.
- Dealing w/a politically difficult situation--mergers and acquisitions, negotiating inclusion into umbrella JSRs or other.
- Engagement in evangelism of the JSR or in general promoting the importance of the JCP program and Java standards.
Spec Lead Communications Category (Exceptional):
- Active blogging/mentioning their JSR/JCP standards in their blog.
- Participate in JCP PMO podcasts, sessions or meetings.
- Promote the JCP and the Community to broader audiences (JUGs, non-Java developers, students).
- Public speaking/presentations that mention standards and the JCP at industry events.
- Contributing articles and becoming a resource for contributed articles about the JCP and JSRs.
- Utilizing social media consistently including blogging for promoting and attracting support for their JSRs.
- Conducting media interviews about their JSRs.