Tuesday Mar 31, 2015
Tuesday May 13, 2014
By Heather VanCura on May 13, 2014
The end of April and the first part of May brought more JSR updates following the Java 8 launch (including the Final Release of JSR 360 & JSR 361 as part of Java 8)! This week the JCP Executive Committee (EC) meets in London for the second Face-to-Face (F2F) meeting of 2014, hosted by EC Member, Goldman Sachs (thank you!).
We will discuss many interesting topics, including JCP.Next Working Group sessions (JSR 364 & JSR 358), JCP membership, some JSR presentations by JSR 343 Spec Lead, Nigel Deakin, and JSR 359 Spec Lead, Binod PG. We will also have a presentation on GS Collections by Donald Raab and a Java EE use case by Mohamed Tamen. The meeting summary and materials will be posted soon.
The next EC Meeting, to be held on 10 June, will be a public meeting. This meeting is open to anyone interested in attending-details will be published on this blog in early June.
Recent JSR milestone updates include:
JSR 354, Money & Currency API, passed Public Review Ballot with 25 yes votes.
JSR 359, SIP Servlet 2.0, is open for Public Review. The EC Public Review ballot opens 20 May.
JSR 360, Connected Limited Device Configuration 8, passed their Final Approval Ballot and published a Final Release.
JSR 361, Java ME Embedded Profile, passed their Final Approval Ballot and published a Final Release.
JSR 352, Batch Applications for the Java Platform is still open for Maintenance Review (EC ballot 17-23 June).
JSR 346, Contexts and Dependency Injection for Java EE 1.1 published a Maintenance Release.
This is the group blog for the Java Community Process (JCP) program office.
- JavaLand populated by Early Adopters
- Javaland Day 2 Early Adopter Area
- Javaland Day 1 Early Adopter Area
- JSR Updates First Quarter of 2015
- JavaLand 2015 is Coming - Early Adopter Area not to be Missed
- 2014 Wrap Report - JCP Celebrates 15 Years + more!
- December JSR Updates close out 2014
- Adopt-a-JSR meeting: How to coordinate feedback
- 2014 Star Spec Lead Nominations Open
- Adopt-a-JSR for Java EE - CDI, JSF, MVC, Servlet Specs