Thursday Aug 28, 2014
Thursday Aug 22, 2013
By Heather VanCura on Aug 22, 2013
Congratulations to the nominees of the 11th Annual JCP Program Awards. The nominations have been posted on JCP.org, where you can read the nomination text and more information about the awards and the nominees. The community gets together every year during JavaOne to congratulate the nominees at the annual JCP Community Party. The winners will be announced during the evening community party happening this year on Monday 23 September, at the Hilton San Francisco, Cityscape, starting at 6:00 pm.
This year there are four categories: Member of the Year, Outstanding Spec Lead, Most Significant JSR, and Outstanding Adopt-a-JSR Participant (new category!). Thank you to the community members who submitted nominations. The JCP
Executive Committee votes will determine the winners of the awards. And the nominees are...
JCP Member/Participant of the Year
- Azul Systems, Gil Tene
- London Java Community (LJC), Ben Evans, Martijn Verburg, Richard Warburton, Graham Allan
- Mohamed Tamen
Outstanding Spec Lead
- Brian Goetz, Oracle
- Jitendra Kotamraju, Oracle
- Anatole Tresch, Credit Suisse
- Chris Vignola, IBM
Most Significant JSR
- JSR 335, Lambda Expressions for the Java Programming Language
- JSR 344, JavaServer Faces (JSF) 2.2
- JSR 352, Batch Applications for the Java Platform
- JSR 354, Money and Currency API
- JSR 355, JCP Executive Committee Merge
Outstanding Adopt-a-JSR Participant
- BeJUG, Johan Vos
- CeJUG, Helio Frota, Hildeberto Mendonça
- JUG Chennai, Rajmahendra (Raj) Hegde
- Morocco JUG and EGJUG, Mohamed Tamen, Boutaounte Faissal
Congratulations again to the nominees and we look forward to celebrating together with the community next month!
This is the group blog for the Java Community Process (JCP) program office.
- JavaLand 2015 is Coming - Early Adopter Area not to be Missed
- 2014 Wrap Report - JCP Celebrates 15 Years + more!
- December JSR Updates close out 2014
- Adopt-a-JSR meeting: How to coordinate feedback
- 2014 Star Spec Lead Nominations Open
- Adopt-a-JSR for Java EE - CDI, JSF, MVC, Servlet Specs
- Public EC Meeting 9 December
- JSR Updates - Java EE 8 & Java SE 9
- Adopt-a-JSR for Java EE
- 2014 JCP EC Final Election Results