Star Spec Lead Nominations for 2011
By Heather VanCura on Dec 14, 2011
The JCP program is preparing to select the 2011 Star Spec Leads. Do you have candidates for 2011 Star Spec Leads? Please post them here or send email to heather at jcp dot org, if you would like to nominate a Spec Lead for this honor. Please send your nomination before 31 December 2011 and include a couple of sentences in support of your nomination and keep in mind the selection criteria:
- Timely responses to EG, PMO and EC concerns
- EG meetings and sharing of JSR comments on a regular basis
- Leadership and Team performance (input needs to come from EG)
- JSR progress, staying on schedule, updating schedule, staying on track and delivering on promises
- Communication in the EG and w/the PMO
- Transparency and JSR progress reports (using the tools) - use of community update pages, observer aliases, java.net community or other tool, etc.
- Participating in mentorships of other community members
- Submit tutorial material to publish on jcp.org
- Managing unusual obstacles in a JSR, i.e. Spec Lead transfers JSR transfers to different entity, loss of valuable EG members.
- New, effective and innovative ways to run-manage Egs, i.e. running active and observer groups, having voting rights and duties documented, using a java.net project (or similar collaborative tool).
- Maintaining the expected behavior w/a large expert group
- Resurrect stalled JSRs
- Dealing w/a politically sticky or tricky situation i.e. mergers and acquisitions, negotiating inclusion into umbrella JSRs
- Engagement in evangelism in general promoting the importance of standards
- Active blogging/mentioning their JSR/JCP standards in their blog (Spec Leads are encouraged to send us links to their blogs)
- Participate in JCP PMO podcasts or WebEx calls
- Promoting the JCP and the Community to broader audiences (JUGs, non-Java developers, students and more)
- Public speaking/presentations that mention standards and the JCP at industry events
- Contributing articles and becoming a resource for contributed articles about the JCP and JSRs
- Sharing JSR related news with the Community
- Utilizing social media consistently including blogging for promoting and attracting support for their JSRs
- Conducting media interviews about their JSRs
For more information on the Star Spec Lead program, see: http://jcp.org/en/press/news/star2 .