Star Spec Lead 2012 Nominations Open-Deadline Extended
By Heather VanCura on Dec 28, 2012
2012 Star Spec Lead nominations are now open--the deadline has been extended to 18 January 2013. Anyone can submit nominations for a current Spec Lead operating under the current version of the JCP program (version JCP 2.8 or 2.9). Nominations can be for either process or communication oriented criteria--some of the possible criteria for selection is listed below. There are Spec Lead profiles available for most of the active JSRs on JCP.org to use for inspiration.
Spec Lead Process Category (Exceptional):
- Participate in mentorships of other community members.
- Submit material to publish on jcp.org.
- Manage unusual obstacles in a JSR, i.e. Spec Lead transfers JSR transfers to different entity, loss of valuable EG members.
- New, effective and innovative ways manage Expert Groups--active and large observer groups, having voting rights and duties documented.
- Dealing w/a politically difficult situation--mergers and acquisitions, negotiating inclusion into umbrella JSRs.
- Engagement in evangelism in general promoting the importance of standards.
Spec Lead Communications Category (Exceptional):
- Active blogging/mentioning their JSR/JCP standards in their blog.
- Participate in JCP PMO podcasts, sessions or meetings.
- Promote the JCP and the Community to broader audiences (JUGs, non-Java developers, students).
- Public speaking/presentations that mention standards and the JCP at industry events.
- Contributing articles and becoming a resource for contributed articles about the JCP and JSRs.
- Utilizing social media consistently including blogging for promoting and attracting support for their JSRs.
- Conducting media interviews about their JSRs.